Pilates Classes for All Levels in Jupiter, Florida
Synergy Health and Wellness offers a variety of group Pilates classes in Jupiter, Florida that are designed to challenge you, improve your athletic abilities, and safely strengthen your CORE. Our Pilates studio is integrated with our physical therapy practice, which allows us to understand any medical conditions you are dealing with, and to safely implement a program specific to your needs.
Taking a group Pilates class can offer several benefits, and whether it’s the right choice for you depends on your individual preferences and goals. Here are some reasons why you might consider joining a group Pilates class:
- Structured Environment: Group classes provide a structured and guided environment for your Pilates practice. An experienced instructor leads the class, which can be especially helpful for beginners to ensure proper form and technique.
- Motivation and Accountability: Group settings can be motivating. Exercising alongside others can push you to stay committed to your practice, as you’re less likely to skip class when you’ve made a commitment to attend.
- Social Interaction: Group classes offer a social aspect. You can meet new people who share a common interest in Pilates, fostering a sense of community and potentially making exercise more enjoyable.
- Variety and Progression: In group classes, you can experience a variety of exercises and progressions. Instructors often modify routines to accommodate different skill levels, so you can continue to challenge yourself as you advance.
- Cost-Effective: Group classes are typically more cost-effective than one-on-one Pilates sessions. This makes Pilates more accessible to a broader range of people.
- Fun and Enjoyment: Many people find group classes fun and enjoyable. The group atmosphere, music, and camaraderie can make the workout feel less like a chore and more like an engaging activity.
- Feedback and Support: Instructors in group classes can provide feedback and support to help you improve your practice. They can correct your form, offer modifications, and answer your questions.
- Routine and Consistency: Attending regular group classes can help establish a consistent exercise routine. Consistency is essential for seeing long-term results and reaping the benefits of Pilates.
- Competition and Inspiration: Being in a group can provide a healthy sense of competition or inspiration. You may be motivated by seeing others’ progress and pushing yourself to achieve similar results.
- Equipment Access: Some group Pilates classes use specialized equipment, such as reformers or Cadillac machines. These machines can provide added resistance and assistance for your exercises, enhancing the overall workout experience.
However, it’s worth noting that group classes may not be suitable for everyone. Some individuals may prefer the one-on-one attention and personalized instruction that private Pilates sessions can offer. Additionally, if you have specific medical conditions or injuries that require individualized attention, you may benefit more from a private session.
Ultimately, the choice between group Pilates classes and other forms of instruction depends on your goals, preferences, and budget. You might also find it beneficial to combine both group and private sessions to maximize the benefits of Pilates in your fitness routine
LEVEL 1 Neutral Spine and Core
Neutral Core group classes place emphasis on spinal elongation and stabilization to safely maintain the neutral curves of the neck and spine during exercise. Clients with osteoporosis, scoliosis, stenosis, and other spinal conditions will be best served to exercise while maintaining neutral spinal alignment. Newcomers to Pilates, and post physical therapy patients will gain knowledge and confidence needed to progress to Level 2 classes or other types of fitness/sports involving movement through the spine. This class level is ideal for all fitness abilities and is easily modified for those with physical limitations.
Core Development group classes build upon the spinal stabilization fundamentals taught in Level 1 sessions. Clients are taught exercise progressions including spinal articulation in all planes of movement: Neck and trunk flexion, extension, lateral flexion, and rotation. Clients with pre-existing musculoskeletal issues are welcomed to participate after they have participated in an adequate number of private/Level 1 sessions to ensure their understanding of modifying contraindicated exercises. This moderately paced class incorporates quick transitions and introduces you to more advanced classes utilizing the Pilates Reformer, Trapeze Table, Tower, and Wunda Chair.
Rockin’ Core is our most advanced class level and is perfect for those with Pilates experience and mastery of form and alignment. These sessions include elements of contemporary and classical Pilates for the advanced level participant. Abiding by the Six Principles of Pilates this one hour session is brisk and athletic but always grounded in the fundamentals taught in Level 1. Participants with musculoskeletal issues are welcomed to participate after they have participated in an adequate number of private/Level 1 and Level 2 sessions to ensure their understanding of modifying contraindicated exercises.
Group Pilates Class Pricing
Core Star Flexible PlanSingle 55-Min Class
- Jump Into a Class
- Use When You Want
Core Star Flexible Plan5 Group Classes
- Use When You Want
Core Star Flexible Plan10 Group Classes
- Use When You Want